• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First pheasants of the season.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got three cock birds today with my flint lock.
Nothing special, don't even know how much powder and shot I used! I just grabbed a cut cartridge case, 28g and used that adding more #7 shot.
IMG_20241004_144604.jpg

Nothing special, don't even know how much powder and shot I used! I just grabbed a cut cartridge case, 28g and used that adding more #7 shot.
View attachment 353118
Brit,
Jesse kinda looks like he isn't interested in you getting the glory. You sure he didn't shoot them?
WTG
Larry

Powder must have been so fine your couldn't see it 😉

🤣🤣🤣
It was like dust. I pricked the vent and dropped the powder. The prick was a long thorn. When I seated the thin cards and grease the thorn popped out and I heard half the powder spray out!

The next thorn I clamped with the frizzen!

View attachment 353118
Would you shot Tampon walz how to use a Flintlock? He is to stupid to use a automatic shotgun! I saw him in action! Pun itended! LOL!

View attachment 353118
Love it.

As a kid in upstate NY my buddies and I ‘hunted’ pheasants with whatever we had, slingshots, bows and arrows, then eventually graduated to some type of shotgun. We took our share of birds. I had not seen one in the wild in NYS for years until kicking one up while tracking a deer maybe four years ago. Stomping though the fields and woods of North and South Carolina for the past thirty years I have never flushed or seem one in the wild. Maybe I’m doing something wrong???

Glad you came across some birds and were successful.

Back