• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First post: Confederate 'sharpshooter's' rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gunsmith: James G. Perry, Athens, AL, Limestone County. Caliber: NA
If you meant not available, what bore does it appear to be?
I think that's very applicable.
Walter Cline's book talked about sharpshooter using bench guns of many pounds, mounted on a bench, and some amazing shots. I don't recall the calibers.
But he said they shot many times at the target before connecting.

Walter Cline's book talked about sharpshooter using bench guns of many pounds, mounted on a bench, and some amazing shots. I don't recall the calibers.
I'll see if I can borrow a micrometer from school and attempt a measurement.

Sorry for the delay: no calipers, but it would appear that a .45 -.50 projectile would fit the false muzzle.

More pics:
1000005582.jpg
1000005580.jpg
1000005577.jpg
1000005579.jpg

Back