• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first post, need some help with Pedersoli identification

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes... for the past 40 years, prior to that they used an anvil with DAP inside and PEDERSOLI above it and even earlier a diamond inside a circle.

Pedersoli has been around for a very long time, 3 logo's since 1957, I think.

logandiana said:
Here's a close up of the rod with the end screwed on all the way into the barrel.

Should there be more or less sticking out of the barrel at this point?
This looks right but as with all used BP rifles be sure to verify the previous owner did not leave it loaded. You can visually check the breech with a bore light, or compare the depth of ramrod insertion with the distance on the outside of the barrel from crown to breech. :hatsoff:

Thanks to everyone for your help so far.
I was able to source a replacement part ramrod from Flintlocksetc. It should be here in a couple days. In the meantime I picked up a can of triple 7 ffg and a box of winchester #11 magnum caps with some leftover money on a bass pro gift card. I bought a longer fiberglass rod and an assortment of cleaning tips, plus a box of hornady .490 round balls, .020 lubed patches, and a ball starter from track of the wolf. It seems I am well on my way! I am currently refinishing the stock so it may be a bit before I get a chance to shoot.
I did confirm with an email from Pedersoli that the twist is and always has been 1:48 for the Frontier as long as it's been in production. They said they'd get back with me on the maker's mark of DAV versus DAP.

Back