• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Priming Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boudreaux

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Still new to the whole muzzleloading thing. But this past week took on making a priming horn for my new flint lock. Not quiet done yet, want to make sure it works good before epoxying it in. Here are a few pic of it.
DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

Heck the broken tine works great as a ball starter.
DSC_0151.jpg

Thanks
Boswell

nice work n idea, just a thought though, instead of the artificual sinew maybe a small piece of rawhide sewn around where ya got the sinew wrapped would tweek it a knotch, that ball starter idea is kool.-just some thoughts YMHS Birdman

The ball starter idea is great. With all due respect to Birdman, I rather like the sinew.

Just one guy's free opinion, and no doubt well worth the price.

The sinew is short term. I don't have the spout epoxied in yet. So I just have it wrapped, I was having trouble with the powder flow. I don't have it set so if I have problems I can get to it and redrill it to hopefully make it flow better. The ball starter was a complete accident. I had it built was needing to make a ball starter and it just happened to work pretty well.

Next is a flint wallet....

Thanks
Boswell

Back