• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Scrimshaw

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boudreaux

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Still new to all this and after reading and looking at a few things. Decided I would take my squirrel horn from TOTW and try my hand a scrimshaw. This design is from a new and up coming camo company that I have some friends of my are involved in. What ya think, Its OK not the best...LEARNED A LOT. So the next one things should go much better.

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

Thanks
Boswell

If it holds and protects the powder until you are ready to use it then it is mission accomplished. We all must start somewhere and you seem ready to learn so have at it and let's see horn number two.

That turned out well, and it is a great insight into shading, which a big part of three dimensional scrimshaw. :thumbsup:

The wide-angle shot does it the most justice. It looks down-right mean! Nice.

The only tool that I used was the tip of a exacto razor knife, It worked out alright.

Thanks
Boswell

Back