• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First smooth bore?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first was a pistol. It was a martially marked original St. Etiene flinter with the 1777 stamp in the wood and various inspection stamps. About a .75 caliber as I recall. I bought it off a druggy in L.A. in the mid 70's for $15. I was managing a muzzleloading gunshop in Anaheim at the time and he had brought in the St. Etiene and a brass barreled Ketland flint pistol. The boss was only interested in the Ketland ($15 for that one as well), so I bought the other. I shot the heck out of it for about 3 years and then "hung" it on Little John Gangle for $900 (boy I sure was smart!!). I wouldn't even have a guess as what it would be worth today...But I'd be GLAD to pay $900 for it now!!! :winking:
TDW

Mine was a Barnett style trade gun made
by Curley Gostomski...tacked out and very
nice.....(next was a .62 cal "cane gun"..
like in walking stick cane... in
percussion...does that count?)

Mine was a Barnett style trade gun made
by Curley Gostomski...tacked out and very
nice.....(next was a .62 cal "cane gun"..
like in walking stick cane... in
percussion...does that count?)

Mine was a "cut down" M1842 69 cal. South Carolina Palmetto Armory musket which I bought for $8 in 1958. I still have it.

One of the first T/C New Englander kits in 1988. Still have it and love to scare grouse with her.

Shotpouch.jpg

Pretty fair wood, too.

HornandNE.jpg

Latest posts

Back