• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first squirrels of the season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
juancho we are aloud 8 per day. the only place I ever limited out was down in southwest New Mexico and that was back in the mid 80's before the elk explosion, went back later very few squirrels and lots of guide and outfitters tents. I think they may have been using them for camp meet.

Hey Robert, I have a question for you, I haven't read up on the turkey regs lately, but I thought you could only use muzzleloading shotguns for turkey. have they changed this?

I usually get most of the ones I see. Last year I saw one. Rough, steep country where I live.

Robert

The regs say any legal weapon except center fire and rimfire rifles and handguns. I just noticed it this year, so it might be a new rule.

Warmest Regards,
Robert

Hey Robert you got me all excited I thought they changed the law so I looked up the regs. if you look on page 95 of the big game regs. under legal firearms it says "any shotgun including muzzleloading shotgun using shot only" sorry Robert I would not want you to get in trouble. I remember when you could get a deer, turkey and bear on the same licence with the same firearm.

Hawkin Hunter,

Are you looking at the 2013 regulations? The 2012 regs say exactly what you do. It is what I thought until rereading the regs a bit ago. They changed it for 2013.

Thanks,
Robert

Hawkin Hunter,

We're in the same book, different page. 95 says what you do, 96 says what I do. Good work from the department. But to play on the safe side, I'll leave the rifle home.

Thanks,
Robert

Back