• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Successful Muzzleloader Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome story and hunt! How long did it take you to draw? I used to put in for years when I lived there but was never successful. Again, congrats :thumbsup:

Hatchet Jaque

Yep Antelope Valley. Wish there was still Antelope here though.

Sepiatone

God smiled on me. I actually got drawn the first year I put in for it. I did not even have a muzzleloader yet. I did not think I would get drawn for a long time. My wife thinks I am pulling her leg that I did not think I would get drawn. She thinks I was using it as an excuse to get a new rifle. LOL. I talked to a Highway Patrol Officer right after I shot the elk and he said he had been putting in for that hunt for 23 years and had not been drawn.

What a small world, I lived in Lancaster and the AV for many years. Grew up in Littlerock and lived in Lake Elizabeth the last few years I was in CA. I've been a happy resident of Reno going on 2 years now.

Small world. I grew up in El Dorado County Ca. just west of where you are now. I lived in Mountain City Nevada for a year and Ely for 2 years. I like Nevada.

Indeed. I shot my first deer this season over on the western edge of the Jarbidge Wilderness, not far as a crow flies from Mountain City. My cow elk tag is for an area north of Wells, was out last weekend, but saw nothing thus far. Do you get a regular D-11 tag? If so, I might know some areas that would be close and convenient for you.

I have not got a D-11 tag yet, but I would be interested in the info because I might get one.

Let me know how your cow hunt goes. I am sure you will find them.

Back