• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Turkey with Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenfoerst

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Thought I would share a photo of the gobbler I killed yesterday while hunting in the Mark Twain National Forest in Southwest Missouri. This is my first turkey with a muzzleloader. I got a clean kill on the strutting bird with the Chambers 20 gauge Pennsylvania Fowler at approximately 25 yards using 90 grain measure of no 5 shot and a 80 grain measure of Goex 2F. The bird weighed 22.5 pounds. You can't see a beard in the photo as it had two stubbs about 2 inches long. Apparently what is know as beard rot.

untitled-5802.jpg

Congratulations!! :hatsoff: I know the feeling you had when you got your bird....great feeling ain't it?... :)

Great Photo!..Congrats! :thumbsup:
" Oh What a feeling!"
Hope there's more in your future!
Flintlocks and turkeys..Oh Yea!

Nice bird and fowler.What part of mark twain you hunt? I ride horses and camp just north of Shell Knob beautiful country. After you posted pics of that fowler with a yote you killed last fall it made me pull the trigger on a chambers smooth rifle kit. I'm about half done with it but will have going for next years turkey season. Keep the pics comming. :hatsoff:

Allen

Allen, I was hunting the Hercules Glade Wilderness Area. Yesterday was a fantastic morning and the streams and spring colors were absolutely beautiful. I had hoped to find some mushrooms but the bird interrupted my plans. I am sure you will like the smooth rifle.

Congratulations ! ! !

Ain't that just like your first bird all over again!

Good lookin' gun!

Greg

I love the picture. Blue jeans, T shirt. No camo, no face mask, no 10 gage super wazoo plastic shotgun. I've been sayin' all along it doesn't take all of those accessories to kill a Tom. Good job!!

Latest posts

Back