• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flint conversion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crmyers

40 Cal.
Reaction score
:hmm: I was wondering if I could remove the drum on my Traditions Fox River Fifty and replace it with a vent liner and flintlock? The rifle is a 32 cal.

Don't know why that wouldn't work, if Traditions makes a flintlock for that rifle. If you have to adapt another lock, I think it would be more trouble than it's worth. JMHO

I'm not sure of this 100%, but since Traditions guns are not manufactured in the US, the drum threads are most likely metric. If they are, that may be your only difficulty. To make it easy to replace anywhere in the US by any good supplier (like Muzzleloader Builders Supply), drill it out and re-tap it to a 5/16-24 thread. That way, you could replace your original drum with a standard drum of the same outside diameter, with a 1/4-28 nipple thread (another standard easy to find!) and when you want to go to flint, change to a 5/16-24 slotted touch hole liner. When building interchangeables, it is always the best to build and fit the percussion first. Hope this helps!
Almost forgot your question about the flint. I believe L&R now makes what they call an RPL (replacement lock) for your rifle. Call 'em and check it out. You would need to know the model of your rifle.

Latest posts

Back