• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

flint lock for Dixie Tenn. squirrel rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog2

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Talked to my BIL, and he has my buddies old dixie tenn. squirrel rifle, and a bunch of the extras. He hasn't shot it in yrs. said he'd take $100 for the whole kit and kaboodle. gonna go look at it next week. If bore is ok, am gonna snatch it up.

My question is, it's percussion. Does dixie or someone else make a drop in flint lock for this gun, that doesn't take too much[if any fitting to replace? I had one yrs. ago, and if this ones bore is ok, I'm keepin this one.

maddog2

L&R makes a drop-in for it. A little fitting is required but not much. I have done a few for friends with Lyman GPR's.

Rather than paying the well over $100 for a Dixie flint lock for my Dixie mountain rifle, I just ordered the lock plate, frizzen and cock, and a vent liner, and used the internals from the percussion lock. Cost was less than half the cost of a new flint lock (at that time). Lock works fine and if I ever sell the 32 cal rifle, the new owner will have a choice of flint or percussion. Emery

Maddog I have a L+R Rpl lock for the Squirrel rifle, its almost new and i even browned it.PT me if your interested i checked and i have the original box from L+R and the instruction manuel.I dont own the gun but saved the lock sold the gun with the stock lock.

mazo kid said:
Rather than paying the well over $100 for a Dixie flint lock for my Dixie mountain rifle, I just ordered the lock plate, frizzen and cock, and a vent liner, and used the internals from the percussion lock. Cost was less than half the cost of a new flint lock (at that time). Lock works fine and if I ever sell the 32 cal rifle, the new owner will have a choice of flint or percussion. Emery

great idea! :thumbsup:

If you don't snatch it up....I would be glad to. Just get a L&R replacement and a stainless vent and fit it together. Even with the new lock you wouldn't have much money in it.

Back