• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flint or Percusion?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've shot flint and percussion for years. As I've gotten older I've started to stay with flint even with pistols. I think the flash in the pan is cooler. Buy and shoot what you like.
Finally most people don't think that flintlocks are as accurate as the more modern weapons. It's fun showing them that they are wrong. :winking:

The question of cap or flint is not meaningful. You can learn to shoot either and do it well.

The real question is, "Who are you?"

Take a moment to contemplate the image that you wish to be. Are you fascinated by the halfstock percussions from the big bore Hawken to the dainty but elegant Vincent?

Are you interested in the F&I to RevWar period of the fullstock longrifles from the simple transitional to the elaborately inlaid golden age rifles?

Look back into where your desires lead and then make it work for you.

For me, the first love is the Tennessee caplock rifle. I love the slender and simple lines best of all. I also own other styles which are most correctly built in flint and so (Like Zonie) I shoot both cap and flint without preference. I just decide which personna I choose to live and then tote that gun and equipment.

I wish you well in your quest to find your own fascination.

CS

Latest posts

Back