• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

flint ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry65

36 Cal.
Reaction score
where is the best place to buy flint ? and is English the best ? :hatsoff:

Hey Bart
There's been a lot of chatter on here lately about that. See what you can find using the search function. It'll keep you busy reading for a while.

I think English flint is considered the beat by most folks followed closely by French flint. There are many sources for buying both English and French flint. Do a bit of shopping around on the internet and see where you can get the best prices. I bought a few good nodules from Dixie Gun Works a few years ago and have been making mine from those nodules. I have no idea where the nodules came fro but the flints that I get from them seem to spark pretty well and last well.

Rich Pierce makes and sells excellant flints from Missouri rock, check the classifieds for his contact info.

I second the vote for Rich Pierce's Missouri flints. They work every bit as good as the English black flints and they are much cheaper.

Black English Flints from Track of the Wolf (usually available and possibly best price for BEF) or Rich Pierce's Missouri Chert I think it's Chert, it's white. Rich is unsurpassed for form/function/customer service.

Totw and others are getting up to $2 a flint for black English :cursing:
Rich is around $1 give or take..
Both work well.
My money and support goes to
Rich. :thumbsup:
Keep our money here.
Try a few of Rich's you will not be dissapointed.
JM2C's

oldarmy said:
Totw and others are getting up to $2 a flint for black English :cursing:
Rich is around $1 give or take..
Both work well.
My money and support goes to
Rich. :thumbsup:
Keep our money here.
Try a few of Rich's you will not be dissapointed.
JM2C's

I'll have to be trying some of Richs flints next time I need some.

Back