• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flinter on a grad student budget?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could easily buy the parts and build one for that price. Besides, it would give you something to work on when you need a break from school.

Since you've got several months to figure this out, I suggest you spend the time between now and then browing the used/consignment guns in local gun shops and pawn shops. Over the past year, I've found several good deals on good quality guns for a lot less than it would cost for a new one. Many places will also let you put one on layaway and give you time to pay it off if you need time to acquire the full amount.

Ummm, I have been really drooling over ... www.sittingfoxmuzzleloaders.com

some nice looking and affordable gonne kits there, I have never bought from em as YET so I cannot attest to the customer service.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
"So someone educate me, what is the difference between the Tenn/Southern Mtn. rifle style and a Po-Boy style?'

You've got some time, you may want to do some reaserch on gun styles of the 18th and early 19th century so you can make a solid well informed choice as to what type you want to go for, often picking the first type one sees or hears about becomes regretable after doors number 2 and 3 are opened.

Yeah, they sure do dont they? Mr. Franks is making two Lehigh rifles for me. Both are .50 cal. One is being made with a 46" straight octagon barrel and the other with a 48" swamped octagon barrel. Siler locks and wooden patchboxes on both. His prices are VERY reasonable and his customer service is excellent. Everyone I've asked has nothing but good things to say about him, and with me, he's given advice and shared his know-how with me along the way and has been excellent in keeping the lines of communication open to any questions or concerns I have had so I'm really impressed with him so far. Can't wait to get my rifles from him. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back