• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

flintlock coyote

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I heard this guy sing his last song right before daylight. I got him with the 45 and 60 FFF. Very effective load for coyotes. He feel in his tracks. I saw several deer but the closest ones were not very close. Had a neat hunt anyway.
IMG_0155.jpg

Good deal...pretty clean and healthy looking too.
Had a pack erupt into yaps and howls for 30-45 seconds at 9:00am the other morning...they were inside a thick regrowth clearcut area only about 50-75yds from my stand.
They've just about wiped out the 2-3 flocks of turkeys I normally see on the property...hoping to get a shot at one myself

There was another one with it. Probably its mate. It was gone before the smoke cleared. I think they were coming over to check out the sound of me going up the tree. I had just pulled my gun up and put prime in the pan. I could barely make out the front sight.
I am always happy to kill a coyote, but I wasnt always like that. I will never forget the first live coyote I ever saw. I was about 10 years old, I had followed my Dad into the woods way before daylight, He was putting me out under a hickory tree that the squirrels were tearing up. I sat there in the dark by myself as I had been instructed to and done many times before. He was going to another tree and it must have been a long way away. Because it sure was dark when I got dropped off. This time was different I heard something trotting through the woods, I hoped it was a deer, but as it came closer, it seemed like it was looking for me. I was about to manure when the ears and nose of a coyote were silouetted against the barely lit sky about 10 feet from where I sat shaking, but yet trying to be still. It went on its way and I did too just in case it came back. (Too many bedtime stories about wolves eating kids I guess) The only thing I remember about that hunt is finding my Dad and telling him I was almost eaten alive. He laughed and asked, "Why didnt you shoot it?" All I could say was I would have but I couldnt move. Anyway I guess these guys coming to investigate me made me remember that tale.

Great story and a great hunt T.O. :thumbsup: He may have been after that new bag :rotf: I knew that bag was a killer from the first time i saw it :thumbsup:

If I had a bag like that I would kill any coyote that got near it for sure. Keep up the good work killing coyotes....................watch yer top knot..................

Nice one :thumbsup: I think I'm gonna try to whack a few with my .45 this year and maybe make a little extra money while I'm at it, too. Anyone know how much coyotes are bringing this year?

Congratulations on the kill. They destroy a lot of wildlife. They are one of the few things I will shoot that I won't eat.

Nice one I think I'm gonna try to whack a few with my .45 this year and maybe make a little extra money while I'm at it, too. Anyone know how much coyotes are bringing this year?

This year's fur is still an unknown, but last year they seemed to be up a bit. Some really high grade yotes came in very high. Google up the North American Fur Auction for stats.

Back