• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock Doe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had to take a vacation day or lose it by the 1st so I went to my ladder stand behind my house this morning an at 6:50 this lil doe came along an being that I still need meat for the freezer I gave her a 527 self molded roundball. She was bout 25 yrds facing me an when she put her head down to feed I put the ball right between her shoulder blades to try to spine shoot her. Must have worked cause she fell in her tracks an never even kicked. I want to try an take one more doe for the freezer an then I will just concentrate on some horns. I hope everyone else's season is going well!! :thumbsup:
012.jpg

Wow, that is a great looking gun, love it. Good job on the doe also. She looks yummy. Nice shot. Deer season ended up here about a week ago, still having withdrawls, but getting ready to take the beagle out. Keep us posted if you get another.

Nice shot! And a nice doe! Congratulations! That sure is one pretty rifle you've got there. :thumbsup:

Thanks All. Trench I shoot 100 gr ffg with a 527 ball wrapped in a 018 pillow tick patch lubed with bear grease or mink oil. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a thunder-cracker load at 25 yards! I'll be the ghost leapt right out of her before the ball ever hit! :thumbsup:

That's a great vacation day! :v
.Nice everything.. :thumbsup:
Best part is you had all day to take care of some great table fair.
That buck is waiting for you..Gogetum!

Congrats Allen :thumbsup: Better get that freezer filled quick. That ol bigun' will be chasing them does hard soon. Good Luck hope you get him. :thumbsup:

Nice!! :thumbsup: I did not even get to hunt deer this year. I did not draw a tag and too poor to buy one from a landowner!

I used to think New Mexico was a great place to hunt but the tags are getting harder and harder to come by.

Great Picture, deer and of course Rifle! Good luck getting after the horns!!

Back