• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock longbeard

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hanshi said:
Congratulations, Wattlebuster. Our season opens April 14th. Got to ask; did you run into any ticks? I'm paranoid about ticks and remember being covered with them late season in Ga.
Hansi, what works great for me is to buy a few aerosol cans of high concentration Permethrin / Deet tick repellant to last the season...and a few days before I'm going to wear a set of clothes hunting I hang them in the garage and spray them down heavily...I mean heavily...same with the vest, boots, hat, facenet, gloves, stool, or anything else you'll be wearing.

Ticks are going to get on you walking through grasses, leaves, brush, etc...the goal is to get them to immediately let go and drop off and a heavy saturation of Permethrim does that...ticks can kill you so its just one of the costs of hunting that I'm willing to deal with

I was already figuring I need to spray my clothes really good. I have some deep woods off but may end up getting another can of that other stuff and using both.

Mike and Wattlebuster, I'll get my wife to do a tick check where I can't see to get at them. I've found duct tape will remove them, especially the tiny seed ticks. I'm not hairy so no worry there.

Wow, you Bama boys get to get after them so early I am envious! April 15 is our date.
That said, I had two hens feeding across the upper field this morning and four toms trailing after them. Getting to be about time ...

Back