• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock squirrel hunt video.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great, thanks for posting. One question, though, were you shooting while standing on a public road? Just curious, a lot of places around here that wouldn't be legal.

(Just for clarification, I'm not implying it wasn't legal for you.)

Pretty cool.

Your pooch doesn't seem to be into helping bring those rascals around the tree for you! I grew up with "squirrel" dogs...generally some kind of terrier...fox or rat. They are really good squirrel dogs. The fox terrier I started with just wouldn't quit and she was smart enough to follow them as they ran through the trees vs just standing there looking stupid at the tree they ran up but were no longer in. Since she would always keep her eye on the squirrel, all you had to do was stand anywhere around the tree and the squirrel would come around as she tried to follow it.

Spikebuck said:
Pretty cool.

Your pooch doesn't seem to be into helping bring those rascals around the tree for you! I grew up with "squirrel" dogs...generally some kind of terrier...fox or rat. They are really good squirrel dogs. The fox terrier I started with just wouldn't quit and she was smart enough to follow them as they ran through the trees vs just standing there looking stupid at the tree they ran up but were no longer in. Since she would always keep her eye on the squirrel, all you had to do was stand anywhere around the tree and the squirrel would come around as she tried to follow it.

Tia is an avid squirrel hunter but partially deaf now! Before she was deaf she would find me a squirrel just by listening for them and then tell me very quietly, I could walk staring at my feet if I wanted!
But not any more, she does the same by sight and unusually in the video did not help herself to looking for it to retrieve as she usually goes by the direction I shoot! (I do allow this old faithful hunting buddy a few liberties these days).

B.

Absolutely wonderful. You were watching the trees and I was watching Sprocket...she followed your every move and the tail dusted a spot pretty deep! (Guess I should say here that although Brit's hunting buddy is actually named Tia, as he mentioned, he mentioned she was a Sprocker by breed and the name Sprocket immediately jumped into my daft mind)

The "faux" trade gun, as you like to call it did outstanding...as did the one I used all last year. Took a wee bit of fiddling and cussing but turned out to be a fast lock though all I managed to do was scare the manure out of maniacal squirrel and a land speed setting 4-point. Those were on me! :wink: Keep the clips coming, though I do miss hearing your good lady giggle in the background! :haha:

Good video, :thumbsup: What distance would you say that shoot was taken at.

Latest posts

Back