• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Florida wildlife, pythons

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I have seen on the boob toob the tegu lizards would definately meet a shovel if on my property. The same for intoduced snakes. I have been known to relocate native snakes out of our developement so they wouldn't meet a shovel, just because the don't have legs. Being I live in Pa. needless to say I don't ever expect to run into any pythons. I live far enough up the Susquehanna where I doubt if I'll ever see a nutria. But I can see where it would be fun to have another varmit to hunt....BJH

B.Habermehl said:
From what I have seen on the boob toob the tegu lizards would definately meet a shovel if on my property. The same for intoduced snakes. I have been known to relocate native snakes out of our developement so they wouldn't meet a shovel, just because the don't have legs.

Never met a snake (or a spider) that didnt get "the shovel" most uncerimoniously!!! :2

Well I have always liked snakes, Had them as pets when I was a kid. And of course that Python. So I won't kill them "just because". Now those Lizards are another matter.

I understand completely. Now I dont kill the snakes for no reason, but if I'm hungry, or planning on getting that way in an hour or two, I do tend to bring the meat home. Most of them cook up better than most people would believe unless they have tried it.

i like snakes, lizards, spiders and all the other "scary" critters out there. ive kept many of them as pets over the years.

having said that, a python skin possibles bag could be neat looking. im willing to try python meat and if its any thing like rattle snake im sure ill like it.

as for it being hard to hunt pythons... they just werent doing it right. their are many ways to hunt for snakes ya just need to do some proper research.

-matt

and rabbits,,read in National Geographic years ago about the explosion of rabbits and the negative impact on just about everything in Australia.
Glad they don't drink Swan Beer,,,,,

zimmerstutzen said:
As I understand it the common night crawler was brought in potted fruit trees from England to Jamestown. ie before the English, Indians didn't have worms for fishing bait. Norwegian rats came by Ship, Ringneck pheasants were first brought in by Ben Franklin. Starlings, wild boar, PA had no whitetail to speak of around 1910 and the state brought in deer from Michigan to release. The state once planted Autumn Olive and Multiflora rose for wildlife shelter and now realizes they are noxious weeds. Mile a minute weed was brought to PA from the orient by a flower fancier in the 1960's. Kudzu, West nile fever carrying mosquitos, Those pesky mussels that jam up the hydro power intakes. Water Hyacinth, Nutria, Gypsy Moths. Freakin world is gone nuts.

PA always had whitetails

Read E. N. Woodcock's "Fifty years a a hunter and trapper"

Yes Pa. always had whitetails. I think what he was referring to is at different times they imported deer from Michigan and maybe other places to improve the gentics. When I was young we watched them release deer from Michigan. The bucks had there horns cut off. Large body deer. After a year or two you couldnt find any of them. It was a shame because compared to our mountain deer these things were huge. Of course these were corn fed deer.

Back