• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Followup on Jim's first blackpowder buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swinehart

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Thanks for all the congrats and messages on my previous post. I skinned and cut up the doe yesterday and am already checking to see wind direction. Temp is up to 14 now and I still have a buck tag.
I have been hunting whitetails here in WI for over 50 years and best thing ever was when my wife gave me the Renagade for Christmas 12 or so years ago. I have used it almost exclusivly ever since through the regular gun season and into the muzzloader season. I have taken 2 deer with my Pedersoli 12 ga. so don't always use the T/C.
muzzleloaderbuck.jpg

Here is my best BP buck so far taken 8 or 9 years ago. Back when I was using the green twine string for a sling. The gun, truck, and I have a few more miles on us since that picture.
I am in the process of wishing for a flintlock rifle for Christmas and would like to enter the PRB hunting system. I have shot a few PRBs throught the Renagade but haven't switched yet for hunting. Sort of hesitant to change from a sure thing. Even used 12 ga. shotcup with a 20 slug in the shotgun.
Am retired now and my 2 partime jobs are getting to have less and less hours so maybe will have more time to work with round balls in the T/C.
Snow has stopped for now so might have to go check for fresh tracks.
Good Luck
Mike

thats a very nice buck

My 54 renegade with .535 balls .015 patches and 120 grains of FF was very accurate and deadly.

Back