• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fort Frederick

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slash

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Is anyone going to Fort Fred? I missed it last year because of sickness and am really looking forward to being out of the shop.
Slash

We'll be there! (can't wait! - our first event of the year!) - although we met at Dixon's a couple of years ago, I'll re-introduce ourselves to ya! :hatsoff:

Mrs Coot & I (Dave & Cheryl) will be there. What if the MLF members who are going all tied a black (as in black powder) ribbon or scrap of black cloth to a pole or guy rope as a means of id?

I can handle a black ribbon. I rarely get to leave the tent, but would love to have ya'll stop by for a visit.
Everyone have a safe trip there. See you in a couple weeks.
Slash

Me and my granddaughter will be there on Saturday for the day. I will be looking for the black swatch. I would like to put faces to the names I see here. I will even hang one from my belt as I walk around.

Miki

Hey Miki,
Maybe I'll bump into you saturday too. Going up friday and coming home sunday. Later..... :winking:

Hey there Gates,

I'm heading up Friday with my two older girls. Were not "quite" there with our clothes so we'll be staying at local motel. Where you staying at?

Lancer

Got a room at the Super 8 in Hancock, just a bit west of Big Pool. But they are all booked up now. Last year stayed at a 4 Points Sheraton in Chambersburg cause it was between Ft. Fred and GNAR. Not that far away if you need a room. Maybe we'll bump into you...

Coot said:
...What if the MLF members who are going all tied a black (as in black powder) ribbon or scrap of black cloth to a pole or guy rope as a means of id?

Sounds like a good idea... :thumbsup: could even become a standard id for us at various events. (Some of us were trying to meet at a certain time & place at Dixon's last year and that didn't pan out.)

The "black ribbon" secret society! What will our "secret handshake" be? :haha:

I will try to find you John, I told the big kid, my daughter that the bus is leaving for Fred at 7 am. Either you here or it will just be me and Alexis. I think I will have my yellow petite coat. That should show off the black.

I am only about 3 hrs away.

Miki

Hey there Gates,

we'll actually be at the Red Roof in Williamsport. We find that the ride on the back way into the park is just as fun as the park itself. This will be the first time I'll have both of the older daughters with me. Had a chance to stay in the park with some of the Lafayette guys but wasn't sure about my girls set up. Maybe next year.

Sounds good, Lancer. I camped there a handful of times before they changed the rules. But I still enjoy going up for a day or two looking at all the goods and seeing some old friends. Hope we have some nice weather that weekend.

Latest posts

Back