• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fort Turner Tomahawks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolina cowboy

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello

Does anyone here know how to contact the people at Fort Turner? I placed an order for over three hundred dollars back in Mid March. They called a couple of weeks later and said they were behind and it would be 8 to 12 weeks before they could ship my items.I said that was fine, it was worth waiting for good quailty stuff. But have not received my order nor have I heard from them since. I have called at least 5 times, left voice message each time, e-mail as many times, and have still not heard anything from them...it was charged on my CC and because it has been so long I cannot even dispute the charges”¦I would really like to have the items I ordered”¦does anyone know of them or how to contact them besides through their web site?

FWIW, A google search of Fort Turner complaints to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) all complain of delivery issues. Complaints have been resolved through the BBB with reasons that state items are hand made and orders are backlogged. Latest complaint was from 20 November 2013 and indicated pretty much the same complaint as yours.
http://www.bbb.org/northeast-calif...rt-turner-in-hornbrook-ca-47045308/complaints

You might want to try the BBB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the Domain info. They list two phone numbers.

Registrant Name: Dana Turner
Registrant Street: P.O. Box 244
Registrant City: Yreka
Registrant State/Province: California
Registrant Postal Code: 96097
Registrant Phone: 530-475-3168
Admin Phone: 530-475-3161

Yes, there should be another thread about it.

I ordered my hawk about a year ago and got it in June. I sent an email stating that I was going to file a claim with my C.C. to get my money back. Dana called right away and I had the Hawk a few weeks later. I gave him a time limit and if it wasn't done by that time I would file the claim. It worked for me, but from some of the horror stories I have read I feel fortunate that I got my hawk. It is high quality, very nice so I am pleased with it. However, I won't order another.

He is having some health issues and mentioned to me that he wanted to find an apprentice, but couldn't find anyone to help out. Sad deal all around, but he shouldn't be taking peoples money up front. After that experience I only order from people that charge for your order when it ships, or if it is a custom order only require a percentage/deposit down. When it comes to products like this there is no need to take the money up front. With the demand, if someone doesn't purchase what they ordered you can sell it in a heartbeat.

Sad deal all around, but he shouldn't be taking peoples money up front.

Good to see you are not bitter.
In this game some of our really old-old timers are moving on and/or have age related problems.
I once had a similar situation ordering books from George Schumway. Now, those who knew George knew there was never a finer gentleman. However, my pre-paid order never got filled, mailed letters never were answered, the phone was not answered and he had not answering machine. I was angry and stumped.
Finally, his wife answered the phone and explained George was suffering from Ahlzeimers and couldn't remember. I was very sad to get this news. She handled the situaiton and mailed my books.
It happens and in this small community word gets around. Unfortunately, we do not always know why there are delays. Wether a non-shipment is due to dishonesty or illness, it still looks the same to the customer. That is where forums like this can (often) help.

Don't got with them! Personal experience here. A great product to be sure but bad customer service. They claimed ten days to get me the hawk, it took four months and threatening to get my money back to finally get it.

H&B Forge has a better reputation and has been in business for far longer and less expensive hawks than FT. I will go with them for my next one.

I think the health issues are BS, he gave me that excuse for the entire four months I waited.

Thanks everyone, will try the other number then go to the BBB, I am also filing a charge back to my CC also....Thanks to you guys

I just got off the phone with Dana, he said he would get my order out in next two weeks, so if he does then it is OK....thanks for your advice guys, I will ask your input next time BEFORE I order something,LOL

So sad to hear the problems with Fort Turner. Dana makes great hawks and I love the 3 that I have.

Yeah - same for me... ordered mine around Christmas ... no word... other than the emailed - 'thank you for your order' and the fact the credit card was charged (up front of course)... It's been over 8 weeks for something they said was 'in stock' on their website.

Have requested status - 'no word' for me either.
I hate to go to BBB or CC route - but if needs be then so be it. Even if he's backed up (heck Dozier knives has a year wait list)... let the customer know - most of us would have no problem with the wait for 'quality'... it's the silence and seeming feeling of being ignored... that's sets me off :cursing: The simple courtesy of - it's going to be 6 months... or whatever... and then meet the deadline - OR - let us know if there's a delay.

Anyway - SO - Did you get yours Dan'l Boone?

All the VERY BEST :thumbsup:
MountainManIndy (or ~Indy for short)

I think the health issues are BS, he gave me that excuse for the entire four months I waited.

There is a builder (member here) who has a reputation most of us would not want. :shocked2:
He often does not answer the phone. When eventually reached his excuse was the phone was out due to: winter storm, spring storm, Flying monkeys, etc.
Honesty is usually the rule in the ml community. Unfortunately, there are exceptions. :(

Have not gotten my order yet, he told me was moving my order to top of the list, and should be starting on them soon, but that was two weeks ago, so hope to hear from him this week..will let you know when I get the order

Dan'l... thanks for the comeback... nada for me either: 1)Nada for information,2)nada for any followup, 3)nada for answering the phone... I can respect being overwhelmed, backlogged etc.. cannot abide being ignored once I've paid with no word on 'when' let alone 'if'... :cursing:

As mentioned - I'd appreciate the word that at least you got yours (and if it was worthy of the wait :surrender: )...
All the VERY BEST! :thumbsup:
~Indy

Man you guys are interesting to say the least.
This thread and all the other threads, re Dana Turner and Fort Turner, has been going on for quite awhile. It should be obvious this fellow is not the greatest business man out there.
A great craftsman, I'll give you that. I have a couple of his hawks. And will buy a throwing knife from him when I see him next.
He's not lazy, not evil minded, nor simply shifty in the least. Just a crappy business man. He'll get your stuff to you, (and yes, you got to stay on him) just not in the timely manner he might have promised you. He's not Kmart. Buy from him or don't. And yes HB is almost just as good.
But if you do, don't expect extra prompt service, but when you get your goods you'll be very happy.
I'm sure I've ****** off a few, Oh well, not the first time or the last. So be it. Cheers.

I cant see how some one can run a business like this and not feel like an a$$. Even after I had a relatively major surgery i was out in the garage five minutes at a time trying to fill orders EARLIER than stated. I spent the last two days in the garage hammering out knives while trying to avoid puking so that i can get them shipped on time. To me the pride of having satisfied customers is almost as fulfilling as the profit.

Latest posts

Back