• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Found some powder…kind of expensive!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been calling around local gun shops recently, about every 2 weeks or so. And today…BINGO!!! A shop about 20 minutes away just got some in. But they are charging $42 per can. It’s Shuetzen FFF. I’m headed up tomorrow after work to get some. This is the highest I’ve ever paid for BP, but kinda have to get it.
Wow, I've been avoiding this topic. Now I'm sorry I opened it. I feel guilty now.
The only local shop that carries black powder here (local being a somewhat relative term) was out for a while, now has Schuetzen in stock.
I opened this thread to compare, not realizing how bad some have been gouged.
No gouging going on here, not much more than the Goex I bought before the big bad announcement.
$27.95/pound for 2f or 3f, I got the impression that other granulation cost differently.

I’ve been calling around local gun shops recently, about every 2 weeks or so. And today…BINGO!!! A shop about 20 minutes away just got some in. But they are charging $42 per can. It’s Shuetzen FFF. I’m headed up tomorrow after work to get some. This is the highest I’ve ever paid for BP, but kinda have to get it.

You could pay the hazmat, tax & shipping on a couple of pounds and the total cost would be less per pound than that and it would be delivered too.

Latest posts

Back