• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Frankenrifle. Shorty Hog gun.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How well does it shoot? this thread needs a video of you shooting it and a pic of the target.

forttunately many of the Investarms/Lyman parts close or almost identical to the TC parts. My most accurate target rifle is a Bubbafied Cobble gun Invest stock, Lyman trigger guard Tc perc lock, I have several barrels I made up for it.

You know, if by chance that little gem doesn't happen to shoot I'd invest a little more in having that barrel freshed out. If a short 50 is dandy for hogs in the tangles, a 54 might be even better. Not saying you need to do it now to "finish" the project, but it's something you can keep in your back pocket for contingencies.

Great job already, and no need to "fix" a problem that doesn't exist.

Hi,
I really believe that you have a mighty fine short range hunting rifle.
It really burns my cookies when I see some jack ass drilling holes all over these muzzleloading barrels to put a stupid scope on it.
And I'm 65+ :stir:
And I can still see......a bit.
To repair your tang, just flatten out the bend a bit, carefully inlet it, put a plug in the old hole ( in the wood ), drill a new hole for the screw.
Now you have a fine lookin' gun especially since you replaced the under rib.
All the best with a fine hog & deer gun!
Fred

Nother question??
With 50 grains of powder in that short barrel, don't ya think that the patch and ball might stick out past the end of the barrel?
What is good about it....most likely your deer will be half cooked before you get home.
Fred
I like the GUN!
Did I already say that?

FrankenRifle is right!
We're not usta looking at things like that.
But it is kinda neat,
Good luck working the bugs out.

Kinda reminds me of an A-10 Warthog. Not much in the looks department but tough as nails and has one hellofa bite.

i like it, that would be a good hog rifle. add a good peep site and you're set. thanks, now i want one!! :confused:

Man oh man, I really like it!!!! I'd probably want to up the powder charge to 100 gr of 3F but I'd do it in small incriments. Looks like it would really fill the bill for what you intended it for. Great Job!!!! FRJ

Just want you to know, I like it, I like it, I like it. I can see were a little short,handy rifle like that could be real dandy in the scruff. :thumbsup:

Back