• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

French Fusil

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatboy

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I've got a ? has anyone put together a Fusil kit from Pecatonica ? wondering how there wood rates and barrel channel fit and other inleting is ? Seems as if the have the best price and cheaper shipping than most. Thanks for any help

Ihave a type D foozle I purchased and assembled from Pecatonica.The maple stock was plain not a lot of curl, nice steel furniture, L&R lock.
The stock is about 95 % shaped and inlet for the barrel , lock etc.
IMHO, good kit guns for the money
I also bought a southern mountain rifle kit from them , pretty curly maple.
Hope this helps my friend. :imo:

Thanks for the input Rebelyell I was hoping someone here could help a bit. How did it go inletting the butt plate on your kit?

There products are good and the wood is nice,you can pay more and get a higher grade. I have helped stock a few of these for family who have needed advise. They came together and a made themselfs nice rifles and smoothies. I stocked a few for myself and I am pleased with there wood blanks. I tryed the ruff shaped blank pre-carves without lock or other inletting. They made very nice rifles! I have seen there Tulle blanks in maple with just barrel channel inlet and ruff form . They are very nice and show good workmanship. Hey Bag and mold,( Jackson, Ohio) shop have good parts too!

Hi Fowler never heard of Bag and Mold I'll have to check them out . thanks

The first gun I built, was a Tulle from Pecatonica. Took a bit of work to get the barrel finished inletting. This pre-carve was just shaped with the barrel 95% done. This was around 1987 or so. Darn me, I sold the thing to get a Jeager.

Now, about 15 years later, I sent a deposit to Anthony Palyszeski, to have him make me a new Fusil. That, and one of my longbows, will be my deer arsenal for this fall.

Wish I had time to make my own, but NWTF Longhunter keeps me busy making bows! :boohoo:

Java Man

Back