• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Friday Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.flintlock

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Last Friday, I climbed into one of my favorite deer stands just after daylight. At 10:50 I saw two does walking my way. Does are legal game in this county but I let them pass. At 11:110 I saw another deer coming and it was a spike buck trailing them. When dhe deer got 45 yards away I said, "Baaa" but it kept walking toward me. I said, "Baaa" again but louder it stopped at 40 yards. I shot and it ran about 60 yards and crashed. I was shooting a .54 caliber flintlock, loaded with a patched round ball pushed by 70gr of GOEX fffg. The deer won't win any awards in the antler department but it will make for some mighty fine meals.

Well done.

I too prefer eatin' to antlers.

Unless I move to a bigger house, and get a mancave where I can have a deer mount..., I make knife handles, powder measures, and small tools out of the antlers that I get, on the odd chance that I shoot a buck.

LD

:hatsoff: Congrats on a nice buck.

Florida made spikes illegal last year. It's supposed to help the hunting but it is doing the opposite for meat hunters like me.

Congratulations! Although I wouldn't pass on a buck with a big set of head gear, I do like me some venison and would have taken that one in a heartbeat. Very nice :thumbsup:

Back