• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Friday Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, I do the same with antlers. At one time, I had 4 heads mounted and when we built our new home, my wife asked me to just hang one deer head. So My best 10 pointer that I killed with a CVA Big Bore Mountain Rifle, .54 cal, hangs in our living room. I will mount no more heads. If they have a good rack, I stick their skull plate and antlers on a board in my shop. I use the smaller antlers to make knife handles, tool handles, powder measures and other assorted items. 5 or 6 years ago, I made my wife a set of ear rings from the tips of antlers. She liked them so well that she asked me to make her a matching necklace, which I did.

mr.flintlock said:
Dave, I do the same with antlers. At one time, I had 4 heads mounted and when we built our new home, my wife asked me to just hang one deer head. So My best 10 pointer that I killed with a CVA Big Bore Mountain Rifle, .54 cal, hangs in our living room. I will mount no more heads. If they have a good rack, I stick their skull plate and antlers on a board in my shop. I use the smaller antlers to make knife handles, tool handles, powder measures and other assorted items. 5 or 6 years ago, I made my wife a set of ear rings from the tips of antlers. She liked them so well that she asked me to make her a matching necklace, which I did.
Very nice!

"Tsaan Wookkuh!!

Comanche for Good Job!

Them little antlers are perfect for patch knives and such and harder than heck to find when shed hunting!!

Out West Most almost all hunting is draw even, does. I can't wait to be somewhere I can go out and have a tag for doe and buck in my pocket!

Good shooting! Sounds like a productive hunting area.
Gonna be some great meals there.Just add mushrooms and onions... dbl Yum!
Enjoy your season...Hunt On!

I've taken lots of bucks over the years, mostly with modern rifles, but only have a couple mounted. These days, taking the deer with a flintlock and then taking photos suits me better.

Younger, smaller deer are easier to drag, take less time to butcher, and better to eat. :thumbsup: The WORK begins once the deer is down.

Congrats on your successful hunt although I feel anytime in the deer woods makes for a sucessful day! Greg. :)

Back