• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

fridays doe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toccopola said:
see if you can guess how the stocks crappy finish was done. i been playing with it trying one thing or another to see if i can find a finish i like. the forearm is just stained with some cheap walnut stain. trying to find something i like before doing much sanding and fitting.

I would guess burn marks from a propane torch. I did something similar once, on a ramrod. I soaked a piece of butchers string in a potassium nitrate solution, wrapped it around the ramrod and when it dried, I lit the end. It made a spiral burn mark from one end to the other.......robin :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
a cutting torch, i'm thinking about sanding it a little and burning it a solid dark then sanding it to lighten it just a tad.

Patocazador said:
Good going on the doe.

It hasn't got cold enough to wear a jacket here yet. We could use some cool weather.

I wish it would warm up!, the cold nights and warm days have my hands hurting so bad I can't lift up the frying pan when making my bacon and eggs in the morning. :eek:ff :surrender: .

Back