• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

friend going bear hunting , wish it were me.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The below is from a friend I won't identify because I didn't ask his permission to post this. But, good friend, great craftsman and hunter. He is taking a videographer. I look forward to his story.

" I’m going to the big bore shoot in Alaska at long last and am soon going on a black bear hunt using a ca. 1855 J. D. Dougall of Glasgow, Scotland M.L. belted ball 20 bore double - an absolutely gorgeous gun front to back and it shoots well too."

I went on a guided black bear hunt in Maine about 14 years ago. A long ride in a cramped pick up with a bunch of other guys. One argued with himself in his sleep and farted all night. I dutifully guarded a pail of stale donuts from a tree stand for five days. The only wild game spotted was a partridge. He apparently preferred danish over donuts and walked right past. Stopped at an outdoor store in New Hampshire. There was a truck parked next to ours and everything from the headlights on up was destroyed. Seems they had recently hit a moose.

Back