• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Friendship Fall rondayvoo

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minuteman

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Me and a buddy are planning on headin down to Friendship to the BP get together thats goin' on this week. Just had a few questions for some of you that have been there before.
Will there be alot of used MLs for sale? I've got around 300 bucks stashed away for a rifle. Its gonna have to be a used gun cause thats all I can afford right now.
Are all the vendors set up for the whole week? We were gonna go down on Wednesday to avoid the huge crowds.
Anything in particular we ought to make sure we see while there , you know stuff we shouldn't miss?
Is it free to get in or do you pay at the gate or what?
Thanks for the help folks.

You can usually find used guns on traders row and sometimes at the primitive range across the road.There are also two flea markets,one at each end of town where you can sometimes find them.
It's free to get in if you are a NMLA member,otherwise it cost $4.00 per person.
Not all of the vendors stay open all week,but most of them do.Besides the main range you might want to visit the primitive range across the road.The ticket at the main range also gets you in there also,so hang on to it.
I am also planning on going down there,and from what I hear about the weather,Wedensday may be the first decent day to go,they are predicting rain for Monday and Tuesday.
Have a good time,if you have more questions,just ask,I'll check back.

I spent the day there and saw quite a few used rifles. There is a booth in traders row always has some used Thompson Center's. Last year at the Fall shoot about half the venders left after WEd. , there were a couple loading up today around 3:30 as I was making my last trip through looking for bargains. Good luck on your shopping. :thumbsup:

I'm going back up Weds or Thurs..
Have to go get a horse Weds. Going to get the horse early,so just migth make it up Weds..It's suppose to rain today and tomorrow.. :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

Well Friendship sucked!
There were only about a third of the available space for vendors actually being used and there was only one rifle in the whole place that was close to what I wanted and it was the wrong caliber. :(
I did see a buttload of 1000$ and more than a few 2000$ rifles though. Can't imagine how stupid you'd have to be to try and pass one of those rifles of as a period correct item! :rotf:
Well some of the really expensive ones were actual rifles from the early 1800's so those don't count obviously.
One of the vendors there treated me rather disrespectfully. I won't say who or what he did but it certainly wasn't treatment conducive to making a sale. :shocked2: Or even simply business like at all , just plain disrespectful and mean if you ask me. Could be he was drunk though. hard tellin fer sure, I can say he won't get my money even if he owns the last rifle on the planet.
I'll keep selling firewood til I got around 500$ then buy a new one.

Back