• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

frizzen/spark question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i read somewhere that a lyman will work on a older tc and cure the frizzen problem. anyone here of this?

Maybe back 20 years ago and then modifications had to be made to make them fit. But that's no longer necessary as T/C redesigned their Flintlock assembly in the mid 90's and they now function flawlessly...you may have the old style lock.

A lead flint wrap is not the answer...I've shot several of T/C new style locks year round for the past 10 years now, using Tom Fuller black english flints and traditional leather flintwraps, average 60-80 shots per flint...some will knapp a few times to go to 100-ish.

Suggest you send it Priority Mail/Delivery Confirmation directly to the attention of the T/C Service Manager with a brief memo telling him of the poor reliability and asking if he can make it right...no need to call first.

You'll either get it back, fixed under their no charge lifetime warranty...or as they've done for a number of us, send you an entire new lock assembly.

thinking out loud....i recently purchased a .54 renegade [caplock] having issues with the lock on it as well, may as well send both locks at once. :hmm:

Latest posts

Back