• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fulfilling another Smoothbore viewer's request:

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When those first two unpatched balls went in the same hole I thought , BP maniac shooters been holding out on us.🤣

The way the gun still fired perfectly without a frizzen spring really shows how little spring strength is needed. Just enough to keep it closed on the pan while running around, yet so many factory guns are way over sprung.

Great job Mark !

Good man staying in the battle with a broken gun! Hey, just for fun I'd love to see you shoot a modern unmentionable with a muzzle brake next to that big 'ol window on your pick up.
Since I'm just an ol' RB shooter and have no idea what a muzzle brake is or what type of gun you're talking about, I assume that "unmentionable" gun would shatter the glass on the truck..??

When those first two unpatched balls went in the same hole I thought , BP maniac shooters been holding out on us.🤣

The way the gun still fired perfectly without a frizzen spring really shows how little spring strength is needed. Just enough to keep it closed on the pan while running around, yet so many factory guns are way over sprung.

Great job Mark !
I didn't realize those 2 shots were that close together till I was editing this one.
That will probably never happen again....LOL

Good man staying in the battle with a broken gun! Hey, just for fun I'd love to see you shoot a modern unmentionable with a muzzle brake next to that big 'ol window on your pick up.
I was thinking the same thing, then figured it'd be okay with a low pressure BP gun.

Since I'm just an ol' RB shooter and have no idea what a muzzle brake is or what type of gun you're talking about, I assume that "unmentionable" gun would shatter the glass on the truck..??
A muzzle brake on a modern high power centerfire rifle diverts muzzle blast to reduce felt recoil and muzzle rise. It would most likely have shattered the window. Even with no brake the muzzle blast from a modern rifle may have damaged the window. Here's an example of a brake:
th

I watched a guy shoot a 7mm Rem Magnum from a bolt gun over his vinyl top car roof and the blast ripped the vinyl down to the sheet metal.

Hope this didn't violate any rules.

A muzzle brake on a modern high power centerfire rifle diverts muzzle blast to reduce felt recoil and muzzle rise. It would most likely have shattered the window. Even with no brake the muzzle blast from a modern rifle may have damaged the window. Here's an example of a brake:
th

I watched a guy shoot a 7mm Rem Magnum from a bolt gun over his vinyl top car roof and the blast ripped the vinyl down to the sheet metal.

OK...I see what you're talking about now. From an ol' RB shooter, thanks you.

Awesome video Mark and a question not asked, answered. I now know a rock lock will work with no frizzen spring. Also I can't help but think that Trade gun is capable of a tighter group at 50 than that. Maybe she needs more juice. Seems ya can't get a tighter patch than you were using. And WOW what a tough ram rod on that thing. :p

th

I watched a guy shoot a .44 mag frame the hood of his truck. Recoil dents from the grip. He was not amused. I in the other hand 😁

Back