• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Full camo CVA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stykbow

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I spotted what appeared to be a CVA Hawken rifle with a factory camo job. I’ve never seen one before and can’t find one on the web. Any of y’all seen or have one of these?

@Fastleo the tag said CVA that much I could tell for sure. Also, the butt had a crescent shape. No way it was a tree hawk. I’ve never seen another like it.

@SDSmlf I didn’t take a pic. To be honest it never crossed my mind.
@Banjoman Yep it’s at the shop you bought your Jukar.

I thought so. I saw that gun. Didn’t look close at it because the camo just didn’t interest me at the time. I may go back and look a little closer at it.

I should probably leave my wallet at home though 🤣

Yeah, it’s kinda odd. A full camo side lock ML with a scope. Heck, the scope is even camo. I’ve just never seen one from CVA and thought somebody on here might know about it.

Mystery solved! I went to look at the gun and the shop owner let me take some pictures. It is a CVA Hawken, .50 caliber, with Hawken style trigger guard, set triggers, patch box, Redfield scope with see through mounts and a mag spark nipple (which I despise). Bore was a little rusty but nothing that couldn’t be cleaned up. The very good camo job was done by B. Jackson, whoever that is. I found the artists signature in small print below the patch box. Price is a very tempting $200 😉.

D4F6FD3C-7C39-40B6-83FC-9B5737584F61.jpeg
BF52B6D0-5E4A-42E3-BEAC-F18BAA688771.jpeg
6DA6E763-6BD5-40B4-B32E-5ABAC929646D.jpeg
A1612D12-BD82-4DA3-997F-A6B566583C28.jpeg
D3FB51F5-60B0-4599-9FC1-BB45543DC8B4.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve seen a lot of muzzleloaders modified similar to this one. Guys will buy a traditional style muzzleloader and then modify it to be more like a modern rifle. I never liked that and I don’t really understand why someone would do it. Oh well.

Last edited:
Thanks, @Banjoman. Whoever B. Jackson is he did a heckuva camo job. Looking at in the rack I’d have sworn it was a factory job. Not for me either, but someone liked it.

Mystery solved! I went to look at the gun and the shop owner let me take some pictures. It is a CVA Hawken, .50 caliber, with Hawken style trigger guard, set triggers, patch box, Redfield scope with see through mounts and a mag spark nipple (which I despise). Bore was a little rusty but nothing that couldn’t be cleaned up. The very good camo job was done by B. Jackson, whoever that is. I found the artists signature in small print below the patch box. Price is a very tempting $200 😉.

View attachment 245053View attachment 245054View attachment 245055View attachment 245056View attachment 245057
Who has this for sale? I’ll give him $200 bucks for that.

Dumbest thing I've seen in a long time. Camo or a scope doesn't belong on a muzzleloader.

Dumbest thing I've seen in a long time. Camo or a scope doesn't belong on a muzzleloader.
I don’t like it either. Somebody ruined the looks of what was probably a nice gun even if the artistry was purty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back