• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Future TVM'er Saying Hello

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrantLee63

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello All !

First time post here. This past July I ordered a 20 gauge Fowler from Tennessee Valley Arms down in Corinth, MS. The only bad part is the 9 month or so wait it will be before I actually receive it !

http://www.avsia.com/tvm/fowler.htm

Looking forward to being a regular contributor to the fine bunch of flinters here on this forum.

Take Care - Bob in SE Michigan

Hi Liver -

Well, I have a Colt 1861 Special Musket, a Colt '62 Navy, a Ruger Old Army, and a .50 cal T/C Omega inline. So I have no excuse not to be burnin' BP until my fowler gets here, but MAN, I cannot wait until she actually arrives. This will be my first flintlock, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Take care - Bob

The barrel length I ordered is 42". The stock, well, I hope it will be nice. I told the shop I wanted something special, but did not want to spend more than $250.00 for the blank. They told me to expect a significant upgrade from the "super premium" option they offer on their site.

I'll post pics when I get it in April or May .....

Bob

With $250 for the blank alone you're into stratospheric wood quality. Should have, like, an image of the Madonna and Child in the grain patten or something. We'll all be waiting to see the end result.

Is this the Tennessee Valley Arms in Corinth, Mississippi or Tennessee Valley Manufacturing in Corinth, Mississippi?

www.tennesseevalleymanufacturing.com

Two different Web sites, Two company names, One small town in Mississippi......
I wonder if these are the same people. I met the guys from Tennessee Valley Manufacturing this weekend at a pioneer shoot in Missouri. Seemed like real nice and helpful folk.
What made you choose these guys ::?? I'm thinking about a Virginia Style kit from them. :hmm:

Erastus

GrantLee63,
Welcome to the forum glad to have you with us!
sounds like you will have a fine gun when you finally get
it.
again welcome and stay active

I am snake-eyes :) :thumbsup: :peace:

GrantLee63:Welcome!I'll be looking forward to the pics.of the new flinter.I used to live in Blue Mtn.Miss. but never did get to their shop in Corinth.Jackie Brown had a shop between Ripley and Corinth never stopped there either,always said I'd stop next time through.Used to deliver furniture wood to a[url] Mfg.in[/url] Corinth a couple of times a month.If I were to have a flinter built, TVA would be on the top of My list. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
GrantLee63. Now that's an interesting name. Grant & Lee in '63 and the wah-oh might have ended sooner.

Ah can tell from yore accent what you said! Bite yore tongue! You spelled it rite, too! Ain't no R in wa-ah.
The Wa-ah ain't over!! We just waitin on them yankees to let down their guard. We're still shootin at 'em, only use a keyboard now! I can hit target far better in cyberspace anyway!

Back