• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Game Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm really not sure which forum to put this question, so I figured here's as good as any.

I'm looking for where to purchase a knotted game bag. I usually carry my squirrels on a sharpened stick when hunting, but I'd like to find some kind of bag that I can carry so that I don't have to drop my stringer of squirrels when I'm putting a stalk on. Any recommendations?

I'm really not sure which forum to put this question, so I figured here's as good as any.

I'm looking for where to purchase a knotted game bag. I usually carry my squirrels on a sharpened stick when hunting, but I'd like to find some kind of bag that I can carry so that I don't have to drop my stringer of squirrels when I'm putting a stalk on. Any recommendations?

These work pretty well in case you can not find a knotted bag, https://blackpowderbags.com/products/GC%2d500-Game-Carriers.html

Talk to @hawkeye hugo He made a couple of game bags for me and I really like them. He made the size I asked to fit my existing hunting pouch.

IMG_1387.jpeg

IMG_2257.jpeg

IMG_2452.jpeg

I make these game carriers. Instead of a bag or “leather lace with brass rings” as part of your shooting pouch, this game carrier slides on a belt (up to 2”). Replaceable leather lace as can be seen. Remember harvested game tends to bleed on bags, etc. Thus I find this system tends to be easier to clean.

E1ADB8A3-0C79-4676-85A5-00258EA6DBC2.jpeg

46177C11-B2D5-4FBD-B9C5-912893A3E1DF.jpeg

No where near as nice as the hand knotted bags, but, I made one out of some bulk fishing net I found at an army/navy store...
20171002_163258.jpg

Unfortunately this is the only pic I can find if it at the moment.
I believe the bulk net is sold for decoration and making ghillie suits. I simply cut out a large rectangle, folded it in half lengthwise, tied the sides closed and added some tie offs about a quarter of the way down the sides. I tie it to the straps of my bag of non-shooting stuff and the part above the ties folds over effectively closing the bag.

No where near as nice as the hand knotted bags, but, I made one out of some bulk fishing net I found at an army/navy store...
View attachment 328425
Unfortunately this is the only pic I can find if it at the moment.
I believe the bulk net is sold for decoration and making ghillie suits. I simply cut out a large rectangle, folded it in half lengthwise, tied the sides closed and added some tie offs about a quarter of the way down the sides. I tie it to the straps of my bag of non-shooting stuff and the part above the ties folds over effectively closing the bag.
That’s a great solution and looks good too.

I made this one years ago, never did use it, if your interested I will sell it?

Attachments

• IMG_1117.JPG
    IMG_1117.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Back