• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GE doe and fawn open since 1st of sept!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

Since 1st if sept. does and fawns of roedeer are also open. So all kinds of roes are huntable until mid of october when roebuckseason ends.
So we will have a try, to get a few roe families into the freezer. :grin:

Regards

Kirrmeister :hatsoff:

Hi Kirrmeister,

Good luck with it, please let us know how you do.

Pretty much have to wait until mid-October to hunt deer with a muzzleloader where I am, but I'm confident my boy and I will get a couple of families of deer in the freezer here when the time comes :grin:

Spot

Archery season will open up for us in Connecticut in thirteen days. Muzzleloader season for us is at the end of everything in December. So it will be a long wait, unless I hunt Rhode Island. I believe they open up muzzleloader around Halloween.

May the "Red Gods" of hunting smile upon you.

Good Luck! Shoot straight. :thumbsup:

I wish you good luck!

I'll have to wait until september 9th for the
Chamois season, for 1 week only, and a very limited number of tags this year.

Regards,

Gerard.

Excuse my stupidity, or lack of geographic knowledge, but just where are you located? I recall many years ago seeing the Chamois hunters in Switzerland hunting these critters in the mountians.

I live in Andorra, in the middle of the Pyrenees mountains (between Spain and France).
There several subspecies of chamois all over Europe (Pyrenees, Alps, Balkans, Appennines,...)
Those in Switzerland and the Alps are a little big bigger and darker than the ones we have here.

Regards,

Gerard.

gerardus said:
I wish you good luck!

I'll have to wait until september 9th for the
Chamois season, for 1 week only, and a very limited number of tags this year.

Regards,

Gerard.

I wish you a strong "Waidmanns Heil" for your chamoise hunt. We have them here, too in southern Bavaria, not far away from me in the "Rotwand" or "Spitzing" near "Schliersee" and "Tegernsee".
Last year a guy poached one with a .45 deerhunter from Traditions near the "Wendelstein" mountain.

:hatsoff:

Regards

Kirrmeister

Kirrmeister said:
I wish you a strong "Waidmanns Heil" for your chamoise hunt.

Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

Kirrmeister said:
Last year a guy poached one with a .45 deerhunter from Traditions near the "Wendelstein" mountain.

To be able to shoot one close enough with a ML, I'll have to skip the higher open ranges and try at lower altitudes (1700 - 2200 Mts) in the forest. Both ways of hunting are phisically demanding.
I'll keep you informed if I'm lucky enough to kill one.

Gerard.

gerardus said:
Kirrmeister said:
I wish you a strong "Waidmanns Heil" for your chamoise hunt.

Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

Kirrmeister said:

Gerard,

here in my area the highest mountain is the Wendelstein (1900m). The chamoises are mostly in the higer forests and the cliffs above, but also a hard job to get them.

Regards

Kirrmeister
To be able to shoot one close enough with a ML, I'll have to skip the higher open ranges and try at lower altitudes (1700 - 2200 Mts) in the forest. Both ways of hunting are phisically demanding.
I'll keep you informed if I'm lucky enough to kill one.

Gerard.

It would be an awesome hunt to pursue chamois in the Alps. Unfortunately, I am too out of shape for such a hunt. Bass ale isn't a good body conditioner.

bigbore442001 said:
Unfortunately, I am too out of shape for such a hunt. Bass ale isn't a good body conditioner.

As usual, volume (of ale) is the key. :wink:

Dear Kerrmeister,
our roe buck season ends at the end of october and the the does come in the next day so there is no cross over and there is no M/L use legitimately :cursing:
I will listen for your gun as it echoes around your passes and gorges :hatsoff:
(dont forget the camera :wink: )

Britsmoothy said:
Dear Kerrmeister,
our roe buck season ends at the end of october and the the does come in the next day so there is no cross over and there is no M/L use legitimately :cursing:
I will listen for your gun as it echoes around your passes and gorges :hatsoff:
(dont forget the camera :wink: )

Hi Britsmoothy,

had already taken two nice roebucks with my cal. 50 deerhunter.

Regards

Kirrmeister

:thumbsup:

Back