• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Georgia ML question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramble

40 Cal.
Reaction score
A friend has some land in N. GA and has invited me to hunt. I've been looking at the license fees for nonresidents. Is the primitive weapon fee required for the use of muzzleloader or just for the muzzleloader season? In other words, if I use my muzzleloader during the regular season (which is my habit) will I be required to purchase the primitive weapon license?

In advance, I greatly appreciate your help

bramble

:thumbsup: Well first things first, that is some prime area for some good hunting. The answer for ya is yes, you do need the primitive stamp to hunt with a muzzleloader during any season here in Georgia. Even if its during the off season. Good luck though and keep us posted on how your hunt goes!!! :hatsoff:

flyfisher,

Thank you muchly. It wasn't clear in the regs.

Hopefully I'll have a story or two, or better yet
some meat in the freezer.

Keep safe over there.

bramble

Appreciate it Bramble, its just one of those things you have to buy if you want to hunt with blackpowder weapons and such. Hope you have a good hunt. :hatsoff:

Back