• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

getting over the flinch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all sounds like good advice hopfully some time this weekend I can go do some shooting depends on weather ben snowing off and on.

Good Advice. But, try to put all your shots in the same hole. If you do use a repeating rifle in .22, use a blank piece of paper, fire a shot at the middle, then try to put all the rest of the bullets in the same small hole.

You can't "flinch" and do this.

As you increase the speed of your shots, so you have to hold that sight on the same POA, you will learn to NOT anticipate the shot, and keep your head down on the comb through the shots.

One of my "slumps" as a trap shooter turned out that I was " anticipating the shot" and actually beginning to dismount the shotgun stock from my shoulder before the shot was fired. A friend took me over to the " Doubles trap range" and had me shoot Doubles, where I had to keep the stock mounted to my shoulder, AND My head on the stock through recoil to hit the second target.

My problem shooting single targets ENDED after just one visit to the Doubles range. Slump over! :shocked2: :grin: :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back