• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Getting Parts for project

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xring

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I would like to build a pistol similar to a Pedersoli La Page but don't know of any place to find the parts.I would need a hooked breach barrel,set trigger and guard.Just wondering if anyone has any sources for these type of parts.

Bull--I would try the Rifle Shoppe. (they have many pistols, too) I received their catalog a couple of weeks ago and it has more parts for flintlocks, percussion, and early cartridge builds than ANY other source I have found.

I highly recommend getting their catalog, their website does not have images; just parts lists and it is not easy to work with. Their catalog is fantastic.

Getting more than pictures from TRS has been a problem for many. I have heard of some waiting as long as 2 years.

Yeah, I heard it is best to call TheRifleShoppe and verify something is in stock. Although I admit I found out they did NOT have all the parts in stock and yet I went ahead and ordered all the parts for a Twigg 45 cal muff gun from them 2 weeks ago. I am keeping the date and will post on this forum when the parts get to me and my impression of them. I admit I do drool over their catalog.

But I drool over TOW's too.

Another note on The Rifle Shoppe is that their parts are raw castings. Things like springs, sears, tumbers, frizzens, etc All need to finished then hardened and tempered.

Latest posts

Back