• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gift Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harddog

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This is a horn that I finished last week. It is a gift to my Neice's husband who is an extra nice guy who has done a lot to help me out in the last year. It is a left side carry horn, walnut carved buttplug, and about 13-1/2" long.

Randy Hedden

dan1.jpg

dan2.jpg

dan4.jpg

dan5.jpg

dan6.jpg

dan8.jpg

dan9.jpg

dan10.jpg

dan11.jpg

dan12.jpg

dan13.jpg

dan14.jpg

:bow: :bow: Beautiful work Harddog! Your Nieces husband will be pleased
Soggy :hatsoff:

That horn is a beautiful piece of work. Nicely done. Thanks for showing it to us. :bow: :hatsoff:

Wow, Randy. Great detail work - fantastic scrimshawing. I'm sure it will become an heirloom.

Absolutly Beutiful Horn. :bow: How do you do your scrimshaw work (tools, filler???) It looks great!!!! You should go into buisness.

RoadRat :v

RoadRat said:
Absolutly Beutiful Horn. :bow: How do you do your scrimshaw work (tools, filler???) It looks great!!!! You should go into buisness.

RoadRat :v

Road Rat,

On this horn, I used a small knife like blade mounted in a dowell handle for my scrimshaw. It is held just like holding a pencil when writing. I fill the scrimshaw with black India ink.

Randy Hedden

Back