• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gobs of gobblers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at my deer stand this past weekend so took another foto of the 2 year old jakes that scratch around my stand.
I don't have a smoothy BP gun so won't get these with a BP gun but watch out for my H&R 12 ga Mag! Mods feel free to move if you wish.
moreturkeys002.jpg

:thumbsup: Great pict. Man, them eastern birds are big. Good luck, it opens this sat here. man am i ready!! No smoothie either, im thinking about using the .45 caplock! :v

lonehunter said:
:thumbsup: Great pict. Man, them eastern birds are big. Good luck, it opens this sat here. man am i ready!! No smoothie either, im thinking about using the .45 caplock! :v
That's where I wish in my state that we could use bp rifles on turkeys because I too don't have the funds for a bp smoothie. That's where I wish a company like traditions would make a single barrel caplock 12 gauge with modified choke and sell it for around $400. I hate how all bp smoothies are gonna run you at least $900 and up. So I also have to go after them with my pump shotgun.

I will be hunting with a bigger challenge this year for my youth season which is April 3-4. It won't be a traditional firearm but I have never been my own turkey caller and this is the first year I will be calling for myself. I also can't use those mouth calls because I just can't use them. All I can use is slate, wing bone yelper, and box call. I really hope I get one.

slate, yelper and box call are all you need, remember when calling, less = more. its easy to call too much, everybody likes to hear them gobble.
get his attention and let curiosity get the better of him. If he hears you and you shut up, sooner or later he will come looking.
Good luck to you! :v
P.s. we expect pictures of your gobbler when you get him :wink:

Back