• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good deal today...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightwind

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This morning, a man sets his Ruger Oldarmy on the bench, and says he wants $185.00 for it. Several guys picked it up, set it down, and walked away. I happened by, looked the piece over and everything seems to be mechanically in very smooth order. Says he too old, shaking and done with handguns, so I handed over the money and found out a whole shooting box of accessories goes with it. (and he said he only shot 50 rounds through it)

So I decided to shoot it in a pistol match today and after sighting it in for me, won six pounds of Keilbasa with it.

Is that a good deal or what?!!

Yep!!! That is the SUPER type of deal ya run into about every 15 years or so......they are Far & Few between.
You did very well my friend!
as fer the shootin.....ya did great !
I love love that sausage too!

regards
**** WV SCROUNGER *** :thumbsup:

Very good deal. Yep, a deal like that comes along once maybe twice in a life time. :agree:

You did very well indeed,The Ruger Old Army is the best made production black powder revolver available today.Seldom do you see them used on the market for less than $250.00 most go for more.The fact that You won Your lunch with it says it must be in good shape.Although not a copy of any cap&ball revolver of the past,it has the same feel and pointing chacteristics of the 58 Remington.They don't get any better. :front:

This morning, a man sets his Ruger Oldarmy on the bench, and says he wants $185.00 for it.

So I decided to shoot it in a pistol match today and after sighting it in for me, won six pounds of Keilbasa with it.

Sounds like about $31/lb :kid:. Have fun with it.

Hank

Yes, you got a very good deal...

It seems like everyone if finding an incredible deal... is there some kind of lucky charm that y'all are passing around or something...?

I'm still waiting for my turn...
WV_Hillbilly

I seem to find my especially GREAT DEALS when I am broke and dont even have 2 nickles to rub together,,,,,.

**** WV SCROUNGER ***

I knew it was a good deal and one of those RARE times I just happen to have enough cash on hand to buy it. I've missed out on alot of fantastic buys, but thisn' didn't get away from me and I'm just all higgeldypiggeldygiggely all over. ::

Well, I bought my stainless Ruger OA from a dealer here in UK almost 20 years ago, and have just recently replaced one of the nipples...
I have a set of Herretts ambidextrous wooden grips on it, and it shoots like a mad thing, albeit a trifle high. It looks as though it was bought about three weeks ago, and hardly shot at all, but it has had between ten and twenty cylinder loads through it most every week since I bought it - it's nicely run in, and my pet load of 30gr of Pyrodex P and the conical bullet does the job for me.

My second generation Walker, on the other hand, rarely gets shot - it is impossible for me to get hold of BP, and I hate cadging off those who DO have access to it. Bad enough when I shoot my Whitworth at 80gr a shot...or my old Musketoon at 55gr...

tac :grey:

all higgeldypiggeldygiggely

that can leave a mess! :)

good for you, its nice to see somebody get a good deal, kinda makes up for all the hosings we get in life. :applause:

Hey Tac, why not use Pyrodex in the Whitworth or the Walker, and the musketoon as well if it's a caplock. I know it isn't BP, but it'll at least keep your guns in action.

Back