• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good haul from estate sale

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44-henry

45 Cal.
Reaction score
To my wife they are just old tools, but I thought you guys might appreciate these more than she does. I went to an estate sale this morning and found this set of carving tools for $35.00. Most of the chisels, gouges, and carving knives are Swiss and German and the rifflers are all marked Grobet :) For good measure there was also a generous selection of stones and other doodads along with a couple of nice carrying cases. I didn't really need any of it, but I have a hard time turning things like this away.

Carving002-1.jpg

Yeah that's a haul!

I love estate sales, garage sales, farm sales... you find all kinds of stuff. Cheap!

Sharpening stones are always cheap. Got a Norton oil stone for $1. :grin:

You see a lot of hand crank grinders too. They have a 3/8 inch arbor so nobody wants them. But if you get a 3/8 bronze bushing, you can use any new grind stone the HW store sells. :wink:

I guess I should rephrase that part about need, a person should always have spares handy of any tool.

All I can say is "Wow!" That is an exceptional deal. I guess I'd better start hitting the sales around here. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back