• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good luck to all still hunting.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Gentlemen, if your turkeys are pulling half the tricks they are pulling here in Indiana, you have my sympathy!!!

I finally had one enter the danger zone while not finding myself handcuffed nor snake bit to the point of not getting a good shot at him.

Thread has been placed in the non-muzzleloading discussion section.

Best regards and best of luck if still chasing tommy, Skychief.

Me and Tom had a long conversation the other day. You can only hunt til noon and this guy seemed to be more interested in the wooing part than getting intimate. At about five before noon I thought I better show some female exasperation and let fly with my best 'you want some, come and get it' calls, well the clock ran out and so did I, but happy as heck for the experience. I will never tire from hearing them sound off, and if they didn't gobble like they do I probably wouldn't hunt them as I do.
Good luck everyone.
Robby

Me and Tom had a long conversation the other day. You can only hunt til noon and this guy seemed to be more interested in the wooing part than getting intimate. At about five before noon I thought I better show some female exasperation and let fly with my best 'you want some, come and get it' calls, well the clock ran out and so did I, but happy as heck for the experience. I will never tire from hearing them sound off, and if they didn't gobble like they do I probably wouldn't hunt them as I do.
Good luck everyone.
Robby
Yeah. The call and response, the "conversation" is the best part of turkey hunting to me.

I had a gobbler answering my pitiful calls last Saturday but he never came in. Went out Tuesday evening and heard nothing. Too hot and plenty of mosquitos. Was going to go out tomorrow morning but its going to be too warm. I think Im throwing in the towel on this season.

I had a gobbler answering my pitiful calls last Saturday but he never came in. Went out Tuesday evening and heard nothing. Too hot and plenty of mosquitos. Was going to go out tomorrow morning but its going to be too warm. I think Im throwing in the towel on this season.

I'm originally from Georgia and now living in Maine. Going out for spring turkey up here is a pleasant walk in the park compared to Georgia. Even deer season down there is sometimes t-shirt weather.

Hope you'll stick with it Sidney. Only takes one tom and a few minutes to turn a whole season around!! Good luck if you hunt some more.

Best regards, Skychief.
Had planned to go out this morning (5/31). Its the last day of our spring season. Rained hard the past two days, and I just couldnt bring my old bones out of bed. Figured itd be too wet and nasty out anyway. I may go out this evening but Ive got a bbq planned, so probably finished hunting until September when dove and squirrel come back into season.

Thats ok. I had fun the 4 times I did get out. Dont have to score to enjoy the outdoors.

Back