• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got a .54 Renegade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

69 Cal.
Reaction score
A local shop got in 2 used T/Cs (a Hawken & a Renegade)and I bought both of them. This one is the .54 Renegade. The price was reasonable. Oddly enough the first good muzzleloader I owned was a .54 Renegade that I got in the mid 1970s. I ordered a .58 caliber GM roundball barrel for it from Midway yesterday. I'm thinking about the Hawken Shop triggerguard too.

000_01511.jpg

NICE! I like the wood. Does it have a blade front sight and flat top rear? "Just curious" I bought one last year and it has the blade sight. I like it better than the bead sight on my Hawken.

Nice find..

Whats the good price did you pay for them...

I enjoy hitting the Pawn and Antique shops.

You never know what you'll find.

I have found some very nice pieces at very nice prices on my monthly trips to them..

Mark Lewis said:
It keeps the booger mans out, but it's expensive.
all I got to do is close my eyes and pull the bankies over my head ......... :youcrazy:

Mark
I have had my Renegade for close to 40 years now and it has never failed me. Good find
For some reason every so often right now some good Thompson Center's are showing up for good prices.
What caliber is the Hawken??

Halftail said:
Hmmmm :hmm:
I never thought to make a fence out of my Rennegade. :hmm:
That reminded me of Grant's Farm in St. Louis. The iron fence is supposed to be made of barrels from surplus rifles , after the Civil War. I haven't thought about that in years. :hmm:

Beautiful Renegade. I got mine at an auction a few years ago. I love it. :thumbsup:

Nice find. Love those Renegades. Makes a real nice rifle with the 58 GM barrel, not that the original 54 Cal on it isn't good. Same setup I have one one of my Renegades.

I started with the same rifle and caliber also back in 72. :thumbsup:

rabbit03

Wow! My .58 caliber GM barrel came today. It looks like you could drive a bus down the bore. That am one big hole. I was afraid it would be heavy, but the balance is real nice.

Yep, and deep rifling groves. Assume you'll use .570 ball and .018 patches but you might try .020 patches too. Mine likes'em a lot.

Back