• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

got a hog

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patocazador said:
Spikebuck said:
Congrats ! :thumbsup:

Your bike story reminds me of the time I saw a guy riding down the road on a bicycle with a small whitetail draped around his neck! You're right, it'll make passerby's do a double take!

I used to deer hunt with a mountain bike regularly. Tying a deer on a bike and walking it out is an easier way of getting it to the truck than dragging it. I never was able to ride the bike with the deer on it though.

Canoes work good too.
Sounds like that story written by the humorist Pat McManus My First Deer, and Welcome to it in They Shoot Canoes, Don't They?. He just has a way with words, and his descriptions of outdoor misadventures never fail to make me laugh...

You must be speaking of McManus's story about his deer hunt while riding his bicycle.

After tying his knocked out deer on the back of the bike, tying its front legs together with his head stuck up between them, he started downhill.
That's when the deer regained consciousness, got its flailing rear feet on the pedals and together, they rocketed down "The Mountain", flying airborne, from bump to bump. :rotf:

One of my favorite stories. :thumbsup:

I gotta admit, that story is the first thing I thought of when I read about the bicycle in swamp chicken's post. :rotf:

While hunting in the mountains of North Carolina I heard a hound running a deer. (not legal) when the big Redbone crossed a forest service road the (I guess) owner caught it and strapped it on the back of his dirt bike with bungie cords-UP SIDE DOWN and drove off. You could hear that Redbone wailing for a couple of miles.

I have a new "part time" neighbor who lives in Orlando. Just met him on the 4th. He has killed a lot of hogs with just about everything short of a slingshot. He will guide me to his hunting ground if I ever get back to the east.

sidelock said:
While hunting in the mountains of North Carolina I heard a hound running a deer. (not legal) when the big Redbone crossed a forest service road the (I guess) owner caught it and strapped it on the back of his dirt bike with bungie cords-UP SIDE DOWN and drove off. You could hear that Redbone wailing for a couple of miles.

If you don't want to chase your dog down, don't buy a hound. They just can't help it. It's like try to stop a ghetto thug from robbing liquor stores .. ain't gonna happen. :shake:

Back