• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got a new Dixie Gun wors Jaeger on the way,.54 caliber, any tips on loads for these rifles.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I won a NIB .54 Jaeger, on a auction which will be her next week. I have shot various .54 over the past 35 years, none with a faster twist than 1-48 which did great with Hornady TC, and Lyman Plains bullets I cast. This rifle has a 1-24 twist, I am thinking with a load of 80-90 grs of 2ffg, should shoot the 450 gr Lyman slug allright. Anyone had any luck shooting PRB thru this rifle, with light loads? All feedback appreciated.

1AFAA380-3BA5-491A-B0CF-1DC5B719EED5.jpeg

Same gun. Only shot RB.

I think I'm even more impressed by your patches than your group. I'm dealing with resolving the cause of raggedy patches in one of my guns. But that's a topic for another thread if polishing the bore didn't resolve it.

Latest posts

Back