• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got a new toy!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had to wait all day but the brown truck finally made it about 6pm.
This is a .60cal. jaeger by Jud Brennan. 31" barrel. Davis lock. It is a rifle Jud built in Michigan before he moved to Alaska in 1985. By the scratches on the frizzen it appears to be minimally used maybe unfired. Must have been a closet queen somewhere. The bag also came with it. Made by Jerry Fisher.

IMG_0369.JPGIMG_0372.JPGIMG_0373.JPG
IMG_0363.jpg

Last edited:
Just noticed this. If you look, the tail of the side plate is turned down like the tail of the lock plate to follow the wrist. This allows the side panel to flow into the wrist. Also under cutting the breech plug avoids the humpbacked top of the wrist we sometimes see. Small things that we might not always see but they make the architecture flow and be more pleasing to one’s eye.

Wow, that is outstanding, love the metal finish. Every time I look at it I like it more, it’s beautiful.

Small things that we might not always see but they make the architecture flow and be more pleasing to one’s eye.
I’ve looked at these pictures over and over and can’t figure out what it is that makes the gun look so good. The wood is great, already mentioned the metal. The shape of the comb, the inlay and carving, all perfect in my eyes but these are individual things. Somehow they all flow together to make it the gun as a whole extremely pleasing to the eye.

This is a .60cal. jaeger by Jud Brennan. 31" barrel. Davis lock. It is a rifle Jud built in Michigan before he moved to Alaska in 1985. By the scratches on the frizzen it appears to be minimally used maybe unfired. Must have been a closet queen somewhere. The bag also came with it. Made by Jerry Fisher.

View attachment 323869View attachment 323870View attachment 323871
View attachment 323873
She shore is pretty…..bet she shoots good too…..

A real beauty. Keep us informed on how it shoots. What is twist?

No idea what the twist is. I have 25 rifles and have never bothered checking them. They all shoot a cloverleaf at 50yds. off the bench. This one probably has a Getz barrel which would make it about 1 in 66. Frank Bartlettt used to order them from Getz at 1 in 56. Didn't matter about the caliber. His rifles always shot well. Twist is overrated for the average shooter. Maybe in bench competition it might figure in. For the rest of us it is just something to obsess about. Like the best oil for a 2 stroke engine.

View attachment 323869View attachment 323870View attachment 323871
View attachment 323873
Outstanding rifle and bag!

The barrel is 1.125" at the breech. Add that to the ramrod hole and you get a forearm and wrist that is larger than average, but about all jaegers are like that. They aren't meant to be squirrel rifles. However, there is a a .30cal. jaeger built by Frank Bartlett on Gunbroker. Frank was a friend. I'll bet he argued with the customer over that caliber, but he was a business man and built it anyway.

Latest posts

Back