• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got,em Old School !!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nessmuck56

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Got a 4 point Buck yesterday Nov 3 on our Opening Day of Black Powder. Dropped him in his tracks with 45 cal round Ball screaming out of my J P McCoy Flinter. Both my hunting partners were carrying those in- lines thingies, had to show them OLD SCHOOL RULES !!!! Tenderloins Tonight !!!

well done!

always feels good showen up people who use them new fangeled devices.

-matt

Congratulations. I was out and only saw one deer and it was too far away for my smoothbore. Might get out this Friday; I'm itching for a quick buck (pun intended).

I'm not surprised your .45 dropped him DRT; I killed deer for years with just my .45 (with a couple of .50s thrown in). I am a rabid fan of the .45. You did very, very well.

Way to go!! But of course I have to ask, where's the pics? It did'nt happen unless you have pics! :wink: .

Congrats!

I hope to do the same next year, not enough time to get ready this time.

I'll even try to hook up some sort of helmet cam for you guys.

Greg

Good for you!!! :thumbsup: .45s are so underrated now a days for no reason.
No luck yet for me here, but got some fresh road kill doe day before yesterday.Can't let it go to waste.

deer.jpg

I bribed one of my kids to post a picture for me. Here's the 120 lb field dressed four point buck and my JP McCoy 45 caliber flintlock.

Back