• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got me an Aroostook county mountain lion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got him with one shot. .600 roundball 75 grs of 2f,and My new Roy Stroh fowler. I had him cornered when he charged. I stood my ground and kept my cool and dropped him.
2012-08-18165251.jpg

Good thing you have enough to mount for a trophy.
I shot a chipmunk once with a .58 musket and there wasn't enough left for a picture.

It takes some big cajones to hunt dangerous game with a flintlock. :hatsoff: Bill

Oh my God, We have some of those in California. We call them Spotted Grey Wolves. They live in tree's and are very vicious. Now I'm thinking a .720 PRB to take care of these critters. Every time I go out into the forest I shake. Some of ours have horns. They will actually charge you with fangs exposed. I'm so glad you made it through your encounter.

Mike C. Groveland, CA

You did well considering how under gunned you were and all....lucky to have made it out alive :grin:

That is plain stupidity. Going in undergunned like that. Lucky you weren't killed. :slap:

Back